Set up a Backlink Profile
Why we need a backlink profile
Each website you add to Adaptify SEO will need it’s own Backlink Profile. The information used in the Backlink Profile is used to match you with journalist requests, and to create backlink pitches. The better the profile, the higher the odds of backlink placement are.
Filling in the backlink profile
Here are the instructions for setting up the backlink profile:
- Every website you build PR backlinks for should have a separate author.
- Enter the full name of the author.
- if possible add things like “Dr.”
- always use a real person’s name.
- don’t use a company name.
- don’t use a combined name like “Will and John”.
LinkedIn Profile Url
- Only add personal LinkedIn pages
- Don’t use company URL’s
- Don’t use any other URL’s
- Don’t leave this empty
- Use unique information, that cannot be found on the internet
- Include credentials
- Use numbers where possible.
- Use a clear, high quality headshot
- Don’t use large company logos or watermarks
- Some context is okay
This is an example of a great headshot:
Tips for setting up a good backlink profile
Here is some advice on setting up a great backlink profile.
Selecting an author
If you have multiple websites, make sure every website has a unique profile, the person that represents this site should be related to this website. (Eg business owner) This is required.
We found that most backlink pitches on the internet come from founders and CEO’s. This is okay, but if you can select an author for this website that has a slightly different angle, for example Head of Marketing, or another job title, this can increase your odds.
Make sure that the person you add in the backlink profile is real, made up names dont’ always work: journalists and authors might do a quick background check, and if nothing can be found you might have a harder time getting selected at higher quality publications.
Writing a great bio
Always include a quick summary of your achievements and who you are. Add credentials where possible. Any success or anecdotes relevant to your industry, put them in the bio. Don’t feel like it has to be short and snappy, add as much information as you’d like, we automatically select relevant snippets from you bio.
An example of a good bio is something like this:
I am the founder and CEO of Widget World, the premier online destination for innovative widget solutions.
Since our inception in 2016, Widget World has revolutionized the widget industry. Our commitment to quality craftsmanship and cutting-edge design has established us as a leader in the market. We take pride in manufacturing our widgets in-house, ensuring that each product meets our high standards.
Our achievements include:
- Boosting annual sales by 320% through strategic online marketing and customer engagement.
- Enhancing our e-commerce platform, resulting in a 250% increase in website traffic and customer retention.
- Successfully launching a series of eco-friendly widgets, which became a top seller and garnered widespread media attention.
- Implementing an efficient production system that reduced manufacturing costs by 30%, allowing us to offer competitive pricing.
- Expanding our product line to include custom-designed widgets, leading to a 50% increase in repeat customer business.
- Building a robust social media presence, with our campaigns leading to a 10,000% increase in online engagement.
At Widget World, we are dedicated to pushing the boundaries of innovation and delivering exceptional products to our customers worldwide.